One of our newest payment options is Afterpay and to better educate our customers, we've developed this article to answer the following questions:
- What is Afterpay?
- Who can use Afterpay?
- How do I use Afterpay?
- Are there any extra fees when I use Afterpay?
- How do I return an item purchased with Afterpay?
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay is an interest-free service that allows customers the ability to make purchases now and pay for them in four installments made every 2 weeks.
Who can use Afterpay?
Afterpay is currently only available for our US-based customers. You also need to be 18 years of age or older in order to use Afterpay.
How do I use Afterpay?
You can shop Azazie and checkout as usual. At checkout, choose Afterpay as your payment method. You will be directed to the Afterpay website to register and provide payment details (Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX).
If you’ve used Afterpay before, just log into your Afterpay account and complete your order -- it’s that easy! Please note, the order value must be between $35 and $2000.
Are there extra fees when I use Afterpay?
Afterpay is always interest-free. There are no fees associated with the account as long as installments are paid on time, according to the payment schedule (provided at the time of order approval).
If you are overdue a payment, Afterpay automatically applies a grace period (usually 10 days unless otherwise noted on the payment schedule), without you having to do anything.
A couple of notes about the grace period and late fees:
- Late fees are incurred if payment is not made within the disclosed grace period timeframe.
- If paying the installment within the grace period, you will still receive an SMS stating that the payment failed, as well as a reminder about the payment due date.
- This may affect future purchases with Afterpay. Although a grace period is provided this impacts the late fee assessment only, the Afterpay system reviews customer repayment history for future purchases, so we encourage payment of your installment as soon as possible.
How do I return an item purchased using Afterpay?
Afterpay returns follow Azazie’s standard return process. If you return an order made through Afterpay for the first time, it can be confusing, as you may expect the entire payment schedule for your order to be readjusted to reflect the new order value.
Once the refund is processed by Azazie- it automatically drops through to Afterpay, and your payment installment plan is adjusted to reflect the new total order value starting with the last payment installment and working backward.
Therefore, you may find that your payments that are the furthest out, have been reduced to zero, and the closest payments remain at the original value.