Azazie is committed to the wellbeing of our community. For that reason, we're devoting some of our production to making non-medical, reusable face masks.
They take 10-12 days for processing plus some additional time for shipping. You will receive an estimated delivery window at checkout. Because these items are for intimate use, they are nonreturnable for any reason and are final sale. No more than 99 can be ordered at a time.
While reusable fabric face masks are a vital tool in fighting COVID-19, they must be properly handled to prevent them from spreading the germs you are trying to protect against. To better help our customers, we have collected helpful information from trusted sources on how to maintain and wear your face mask.
What are your masks made of?
These masks are made of 90% cotton and 10% polyester. They are designed with adjustable earloops so they can fit a variety of users. If you purchase the mask style with the filter pocket, you will receive two filters.
How do you wear your new mask?
The CDC does provide several instructions on how to wear your face mask:
- Always wash your hands before touching a clean face mask.
- Put on and remove your mask by touching the elastic or ties, not the front of the mask.
- The mask should fit comfortably, but snuggly, against the side of your face.
- Make sure the mask covers both your mouth and nose.
- When you are ready to remove the mask, be careful not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Any face mask you’ve worn in public should be treated as if it were contaminated. Again, only handle your mask by the elastic or straps, and remember to always wash your hands immediately after removing a cloth face mask.
Cleaning and Care:
In line with the CDC’s guidance, AZAZIE recommends cleaning your mask after every use.
Our masks are intended for limited duration usage when disposable alternatives are not available. Azazie recommends the following for cleaning your face mask:
- Wash using hot water with soap/detergent. This is important to help with disinfection.
- AZAZIE masks have plastic buckles on the ears, so it is best to allow them to air dry.
- NOTE: Remember to remove any filters before washing and drying.
Freshly laundered face masks should also be handled with care in order to keep them clean.
If you purchased the face mask style with a filter pocket, please remember to remove the filters before every wash. The filters are not meant to be cleaned and reused. Depending on the usage, it is important to replace the filters once a week.
If you need to remove your mask for any reason, you should replace it with a clean mask afterward. This helps to prevent virus particles on your mask from transferring to your hands or face.
Always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after touching your face mask.
Other things to remember:
- Don’t set a clean face mask down on an unsanitized countertop or table.
- Definitely don’t shove one into a bag or pocket where it might encounter dirty hands or an unsanitized phone!
- While carrying backup face masks is a good idea, you should protect them inside a fresh zip-top bag or a sanitized reusable container. This protects your mask from other items you may be carrying with you. A plastic bag also gives you a handy way to store your used face mask until it can be laundered.