It can be difficult finding the right dress and to help you with that, we've developed this article, which discusses the following topics:
USING OUR FILTERS
Because we have so many dresses, the best way to narrow down your selection is to use the filters we include on the left side of each page. You can sort by color, neckline, length, fabric, features (like side slit), and much more:
If you are not sure what type of style you want or you are open to any style, we recommend at least using the color, length, and fabric filters to narrow down your search to ensure you find styles that will match the rest of the party.
Using just those 3 filters can drop our selection of bridesmaid dresses down significantly.
For example, if I filter by the color Mai Tai, Knee Length, and Chiffon fabric, my selection of dresses to explore drops from over 500 to only 11.
To keep track of the styles you are interested in, we recommend using our Showroom feature, which allows you to save styles you like for future viewing. You can learn about the Showroom in our Showroom FAQ.
And once you have found some styles you like, you can determine your best size following our instructions on our Standard Sizing FAQ and you can check out our At-Home Try On Program if you are interested in trying the dresses before committing to a purchase.
BODY TYPE RECOMMENDATIONS
Based on feedback from our past customers, as well as our own customer service team who have tried our dresses, we've gathered some helpful style suggestions based on body type to make finding the dress of your dreams that much easier.
We recognize that every body is different, and not every customer will fall into one body shape category, but we hope that these recommendations will provide a good starting off point.
If you like a style you like and it's not something recommended for your body type, don't let that discourage you! These are simply recommendations and you may find a style outside of these recommendations that will work for you. If you are not sure, order some At-Home Try On Dresses to give the dress a try.
|Apple Shape||Your shoulders are likely broader than your hips and you may carry more weight in your middle. Empire waisted styles, V-necklines, Sweetheart necklines, and styles with cascading ruffles or A-line silhouettes tend to be most flattering.||Corin
|Big Busts||Styles with Sweetheart and V-necklines are generally more flattering. Higher necklines can cause the bust to look bigger and less shapely (this can also cause the waist to appear less defined and wider).||Julie
|Broad Shoulders||Styles with thicker straps tend to be most flattering (styles with V-neckline can also be flattering). You'll want to stay away from strapless or spaghetti strap styles.||Nala
|Hourglass Shape||You likely have a fuller bust and hip but a narrower waist. V-necklines or Sweetheart necklines tend to be more flattering as are styles with defined waistlines (with belts and sashes).|
|Pear Shape||You likely have hips that are wider than your bust and waist. Because of this, styles with plunging necklines and/or styles with smooth skirts tend to be most flattering.|
|Plus Size||Styles with peaked waistlines, empire waistlines, and side gatherings are generally going to be more flattering. V-necklines may also be more flattering, especially if you are also bigger in the bust.|
|Rectangle Shape||Your bust, waist, and hip measurements are very similar. Styles with peaked waistlines (or what looks like an upside down V at the waist) and high necklines are flattering.|
|Short/Long Torso||Styles with Empire waistlines are generally a better option for customers who have a shorter or longer torso and are concerned about the waistline being too high or too low on them. Empire styles are fitted at the under bust, so you don't have to worry about a waistline. Styles that have undefined or peaked waistlines (upside down V) may also work.||Kaitlynn
GUEST AT THE WEDDING & OTHER EVENTS
Need a dress for a wedding but you're just a guest? We've got you covered with our Special Occasion Dresses! These dresses are the perfect complement for any occasion, coming in a variety of unique colors, patterns, and styles. They are pre-made and only take 3-5 days for processing and up to 10 days for delivery.
The sizing options for these dresses are a bit limited and may fit differently from style to style (they will also fit differently from our made to order dresses).
To best determine your size, please measure according to our guidelines and click on the “What Size Am I?” button above the sizing options listed on the specific dress page, as shown below:
The sizing chart for individual dresses will differ so you may find that you are a size bigger or smaller in different styles. If you need help with sizing, please feel free to reach out to us here.
Please also keep in mind that these dresses are made with fabrics and colors totally separate from our Made to Order items. We do not offer swatches, fabric by the yard, or try-on dresses in these styles.
These dresses are returnable within 30 days of delivery as long as they are in original condition, tags still attached. Please keep in mind that if you return 3 or more of these dresses over the course of 6 months, a 10% restocking fee will be automatically deducted from your refund.
See our full return policy here.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TALLER BRIDESMAIDS
While we are able to offer custom sizing for all of our adult bridesmaid styles, many of these dresses do have a length limit.
Because of this, we are unable to custom make every dress to every height but we do have a selection of styles that can be custom made for just about any height (up to 7'5"):
Keep in mind that depending on the style and your height, we may need to add additional seams to the skirt, most of which can be hidden by folds or shirring, to accommodate the needed length.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT DETAILS
Below you can find some additional helpful information about our products including some key features and limitations:
- Padding and Boning:
- Most adult styles come with padding and boning to help provide support so a bra is not needed. We have filters on the left hand side of our Bridesmaids, Moms, and Brides section so you can filter by these in case you do or don't want them.
- Each item page will tell you if the dress comes with padding and or boning under the "Product Details" section.
- If you get a dress that has padding and/or boning and you don't want it, a seamstress can easily remove this for you.
- If you get a dress that has padding and/or boning and you plan to wear a bra with the dress, you may want to get the padding and boning removed to ensure the dress will lay correctly when on.
- We use a variety of fabrics to make our dresses and we have a fabric filter that can be used to narrow down you choices on our different product pages.
- If you'd like to know what fabric a style is made with, you can find that on the style's ordering page under "Product Details."
- The majority of our fabrics are polyester based.
- To see our different fabrics in a specific color, order a color swatch.
- We sell some of our commonly used fabric by the yard but if a fabric is not listed, we cannot sell it. For example, we are unable to sell any of our lace fabrics at this time.
- Beading and Pleating Detailing
- Because all of our beading and pleating is done by hand, there can be slight variations from dress to dress.
- If you order an At-Home Try On dress, just keep in mind that your actual dress will have the same beading and pleating design, but the arrangement or size may be slightly different.
- Padding and Boning:
- Design Changes
- We are terribly sorry but we are unable to make changes to the designs of our products (such as changing the length fabric type used, etc) as each it is made based on a specific pattern to ensure quality and consistency.
- If use our filters, you can try to find something similar to the product you'd like with the features you need.
- Bridal Gown Ordering Limits
- Because we work hard to be a sustainable, responsible company, we have placed a limit on the number of bridal gowns that can be ordered to 2 bridal gown per order.
- If you want to try on a couple of bridal gowns before picking out the perfect one, do take a look at our At-Home Try On Dresses.
- Design Changes