|Our Dye Lot Policy has changed! If your party orders a variety of styles, even if it is the same fabric, they may not be made in the same dye lot. Slight color differences may exist between different styles since some styles can only be made at select production locations.
We recommend everyone select the same style if it is important all dresses are made in the same dye lot. If anyone in your party orders a different style, even if it is the same fabric, it may not be made with the rest of the dresses in your party and there may be a slight color variance.
We go through a lot of fabric each day and because of this different batches of fabric can have slight variations. Generally, these variations are very small as long as the party plans to order items of the same fabric type (different fabric types will have great variations) but if an exact match is desired, bridal parties can follow these steps:
- Create a Showroom -
Have a member of your party (such as the Maid of Honor or Bride) create a Showroom. Once the Showroom is created, they can invite the rest of the party to join.
Each Showroom is assigned a unique ID number (also known as "Party ID" or "Showroom ID") that everybody gets access to once they have joined.
- Select Your Style -
If your party wants to ensure that the bridesmaid dresses are all made from the exact same batch of fabric (or dye lot), you'll all need to choose a single style for everybody to order.
If your party plans to order different styles, no need to follow the rest of these steps. You can have them order styles of the same fabric to make sure they are at least a close match.
- Choose a Date to Order-
In general, we recommend ordering 4 months before your event date. Parties looking to ensure color consistency will need the entire party to order within the same 24 hour period, so schedule a date in advance that works for everybody!
IMPORTANT: Once the first order is placed using your Showroom ID a countdown timer will begin and the rest of your party will only have 24 hours to place their orders before your Showroom ID becomes inactive.
- Place Your Orders -
On the chosen date, have your party place their orders, being sure that they choose the Showroom ID while in their shopping bag, immediately prior to checkout.
Please NOTE: Orders placed with Rush Production cannot be added to the same dye lot.
If a member of the party forgets to choose the Showroom ID while in their shopping bag, they can (if eligible) follow the instructions here to get it added.
- We can only make dresses that are the same style and color from the same dye lot. If your party is ordering different styles, we cannot guarantee they will be made from the same dye lot. If this happens, any color variation should be slight as long as items of the same fabric type was ordered.
- Only adult bridesmaid dresses can be made in the same dye lot. We cannot make junior bridesmaid dresses or mother-of-the-bride dresses from the same dye lot as bridesmaid dresses or other JBD/MOB dresses.
- Ready-made items like Special Occasion Dresses, Ready to Ship Dresses, and Groomsmen accessories cannot be added to dye lots.
- Screen resolutions can alter the way colors look: Be sure to order swatches before deciding on a color to ensure it is what you want.
- The Showroom is currently only available on our Desktop and Mobile sites.
- If you're ordering dresses in different colors or fabrics, you do not need to add a Showroom ID during checkout for color consistency, but we still recommend using this method to track your party's orders!
- Showroom IDs expire after 24 hours from the time the first order is placed. You will still have access to your Showroom and be able to see what everyone has ordered (if you're the owner), but new orders cannot be placed with your Showroom ID.
- Orders placed with Rush Production cannot be added to a Showroom ID.